Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life

I was going through my blogs, that I at one time checked, and came to mine and realized it is now September and I have not blogged at all this year. Life gets busy and poof...a year goes by and it is hard to remember where all that time has gone.

Well, let me think...

My summer was busier than usual. We spent a week in June with grandmom in Ft. Worth and did tons of fun stuff there with the kids. We went to a water park, the stock yards, the zoo...I got so many cute pictures of the kids. It has been so long since I have spent more than just a weekend at grandmom's so I enjoyed that time with her!!



My awesome brother earned a trip through his work and took my sister and I to Salzburg, Austria in July. We were gone 8 days and other than the time spent on the plane, we filled every minute with sites. Amy did alot of research before the trip so she had a list of things for us to see. I think I ended up taking about 700 pictures on the trip. There is so much history there. One of our tour guides said that all of the buildings there are considered to be new unless they are more than 200 years old. Here are a few pics...

Mirabel Gardens. Part of The Sound of Music was filmed here.

Gene being a goober...Dwarf Gardens (a part of the Mirabel Gardens)


These are actually taken in Germany. The first one was in the bus going up the mountain to Hitler's Eagle's Nest, which was given to him on his 50th birthday. The second pic was taken once we were on top of the mountain.


Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna which is the capital of Austria. This palace has 1,441 rooms, we only toured about 50 of them.


One of the many beautiful churches. I can't remember the name of it, there were so many. Those are only a few of the many pictures that I took. We really enjoyed the trip!!

The following month we got to go to Utah to see Jess and Jody for Jessica's birthday. Had an interesting trip up there...flight was delayed, connection flight missed, spent the night in Denver airport...good memories. The weekend was great, of course. I hadn't seen Jess in so long. We hung out, did a parade of homes, caught up, got to visit with her family. It flew by way too quickly though.

We bought a house in town which we are currently updating. Either Jeremy or I (mostly Jeremy) spend several nights during the week over there doing stuff. It was Jeremy over there on Monday and I went yesterday. Got a few walls painted...that's about it. It is so hard to get anything done over there since I have Brooklyn at home with me. So, we are going over there in the evenings and working weekends so it seems like it is moving slowly. My first project was the kitchen cabinets. They are all painted and I have gotten half of the doors antiqued like I wanted them...thanks to Heather giving me a little tutorial on what to do. I still have alot of work to go to finish them up. Jeremy's latest project is demolition in the bathrooms.

Front of the house. The second picture is of our swamp in the backyard. There are so many nasty frogs in the pool. I'll have to get a picture of them, they are seriously the biggest frogs I have ever seen in my life.

My cabinet doors. I just did the brown on the edges of the cabinets and left the big surfaces the tan color.

Gene is engaged now. He proposed to April the weekend before last I think. I'm excited for them. The date is April 30 and she has SO many details already figured out. I don't think it'll take long and she will be done with the planning.

Parker started Kindgergarten and absolutely loves it. The weekend after his first week was hard on him because he was so bored. He kept complaining about not having anyone to play with. He has Mrs. Brown and is in my mom's pod so gets to see her throughout the day. Jeremy takes him lunch on Fridays which they both enjoy. This Friday is his family picnic. We will all be there for that! Brooklyn is excited, she loves Parker's school.

Parker sat in the back of the class by himself. I made him get up and go sit by a kid that he knew. He is so silly. He was being shy the first day. There are 4 kids in the class that he already knew which I knew would make it easier on him. I was so anxious to see how his first day went that I got there so early to pick him up. Of course there were probably 20 cars in front of me.

Well, I guess that pretty much wraps up the past 9 months. Hopefully it won't take me 9 more months to blog again.

No comments: