Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nothing Yet

Well...we're finally connected to the internet at home so I can update the blog more frequently now. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Jeremy's parents for hooking up the internet at our house for us. I am going to do some business stuff for them from home so they graciously offered to get us hooked up with internet access, and it actually saved them some money because I guess they were running a special or something. Seemed to work out for both of us. Gotta love that!


No real progress yet. I went to the doctor on Monday and he checked me and I wasn't dialated any. I haven't really felt anything so I am just patiently waiting on Brooklyn to arrive. It is so crazy to me how each pregnancy can be so different. Parker was a week early, I never felt any pain until I went into labor 21 hours before he was born. With Brooklyn...she is due today and I'm not feeling anything so I think that her even being born on the due date, much less early (obviously), has passed. She is still moving a little, but mostly she just pushes out on my stomach. My skin is getting pretty sensitive since it's so stretched now. Although it's not comfortable, I thank God for the movements because I know that He's keeping her safe in there!

I'm getting anxious waiting for her and am absolutely LOVING staying home. My mom has been coming over during the day to help me out with Parker so I can rest and get things done around the house. She's so sweet to come out here so I don't have to be here by myself. I'm too anxious and it gets too quiet without Parker here that until Brooklyn's born I think that I need someone around to help me keep my mind off of waiting for Brooklyn.

It was sad leaving work on Thursday. It was a weird feeling leaving my keys on the desk and locking up knowing that would never be my office again. Everyone was so sweet to me and I'll miss them all so much.

I downloaded some pictures from a CD onto my computer at home so I actually do have one to share. My camera is still in my hospital bag which stays in the Tahoe so I haven't taken any news pics lately. Here is one from the baby shower in Dayton at the beginning of May. Well, I can't figure out why the picture won't show up but I will try again later to update it. I have to start getting dinner ready. Hope everyone has had a good week!!

2 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

I am so glad your mom is coming over to help you. I am getting impatient with Brooklyn's delay . . .can't imagine how you feel :o) Well, I was online looking at pictures of places we may go in a couple weeks . . .only 13 days (I don't count today . . .it is almost over). Good thing I planned to come a couple weeks after the due date, since Brooklyn is being casually late! Cant wait to see you and the family!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY for internet access!! I've been mentioning you in prayer time here at church, so know that the staff at Oak Hills is praying for you and Brooklyn. oh, and Jeremy and Parker, too...:-)

I'll just keep checking back to see if there's any news!! Glad you're doing ok...

I see Jessica's coming in. You're gonna love that! Hope y'all have a great time when she gets in!

Love ya gal...
take care-
Melissa