Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One For The Record Books!

I can't believe it...I have both kids down for a nap at the same time and in their beds. I just don't know what to do with myself...so, this is what having free time is like. Parker was playing computer games, I gave him his 10 minute warning for nap time, 10 minutes passed, we went to his room and picked out a book to read. We read the book, he laid down without a fight and within 5 minutes was asleep. That is a rare occasion. Brooklyn went down for a nap in her bed for the first time. I usually let her sleep in the swing because she sleeps better there. She wasn't sleeping good in the swing so I figured that I might as well try the bed. She cried for a minute or two and konked out. I can actually clean up my living room and dining room without having to be quiet.

It is so hard to believe that it is already September. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be right around the corner. I asked Parker the other day what he wanted for Christmas. He said that he wanted a big slide and a bigger stool because the one that he has now wasn't tall enough for him to stand on and reach the top of the entertainment center. Crazy little man. He said a few other things but I can't remember. I'm sure by next year he'll know exactly what he wants.

Parker and I enjoyed the cool weather this morning, it was so nice. There was a little breeze, the sky was a little overcast and it wasn't humid. He played on his swingset and in the sandbox for a little while. Then he ran to the house all of a sudden and said that he was running from the ants. I didn't see any, maybe he was just using his imagination...who knows.

Brooklyn is getting to where she doesn't like to be by herself for any amount of time...she loves attention. Parker is always trying to entertain her and in her face. Brooklyn and I play for awhile and then I lay her down on the floor to play. She is only happy for about 5 minutes now and then she wants someone to entertain her. Parker tries to entertain her when she cries and if it doesn't work he comes and tells me that she is crying for me. He tells me what he thinks that she is saying, mom said that I was that way with Gene when we were little. Of course with us, I would always tell her that Gene was saying things like he wanted a cookie...because then if he got one, I would too. :)

I am still enjoying being at home. A few of my friends from work said that they were stay at home moms and didn't like it as much as they thought that they would and wanted to go back to work. I really didn't think that would happen with me. Of course, there have been a few days that by the time that Jeremy gets home I feel like I can't handle another minute! Me staying at home has helped me to put my priorities in order, I have more time with the kids, but make more time to be with Jeremy now. I didn't realize that I had taken so much of my time away from him and focused that time on Parker. I use my time more wisely now...of course I feel like I have so much more time now to get everything done.

Well, I better take advantage of the rest of nap time and get some stuff done around the house.

No comments: