Monday, November 10, 2008

Mr. Social

Mom and I decided to go shopping this weekend because Toys R Us and Kohls were having good sales on toys. I wanted to go ahead and see what I could find for the kids for Christmas. Jeremy was hunting so we had to bring the kids with us, which always makes things interesting. We were in Toys R Us and I had Brooklyn and was looking around for something, mom was behind me a little ways with Parker. Parker told my mom that he wanted to go over with me so she let him. Well, I didn't know that he was coming so I didn't know to watch for him so a minute later I look around and she doesn't have Parker.

So the search begins. I look on the rows in the section that we were in and no Parker. There's no sense calling him because he doesn't answer. I finally found him about 5 rows down. He apparently had wandered into the back room where the extra stuff is stored that won't fit on the shelves. I look down the aisle and there is an employee standing there holding the doors open and talking to Parker. Parker was happy, he found someone to talk to. He never gets worried when he doesn't see me because he doesn't think...oh no, i'm lost. He just finds someone to talk to and he's just fine.

A few stops later we were at Joanne's fabric store. We were looking at the catalogs to find a pattern that we needed. Parker was looking too because it was either sit and look at the catalog or sit in the shopping cart. There was this little black girl beside him, about his age. He pushed the catalog over to her and said, look at these dolls. The little girl pushed the book back and said, I don't want to look at that, and you're not my friend anymore. Parker just looked at her and said, why? She said, because you're just not. She then puts up her hand (her palm toward his face) and says, and don't look at me. I was just sitting there watching them, laughing to myself. It never once bothered Parker. He just kept asking her why after everything that she said. By the time that we left they were apparently friends because she told him bye and said that she'd see him tomorrow. Kids are so funny.

It ended up being a crazy day. We got home about 5:30 PM and went to a friend's house along with some other couples and we played games, it was fun. Brooklyn was dedicated on Sunday, she did really good...no screaming or crying, that's always good.

Yesterday I was changing Brooklyn's diaper and Parker climbed up on her changing table to talk to her. He always thinks that he has to entertain her. Knowing that he could get off by himself, I just got Brooklyn up and took her to the living room while I fixed her a bottle. About 10 minutes later I hear Parker calling me. He was still in Brooklyn's room on the changing table and had rubbed diaper rash cream all over himself. He emptied out half of the container. Needless to say, he needed a bath.

What an eventful weekend. :) We had a game night at the church last night and the girls enjoyed playing Phase 10 while the guys played 42. It was a busy weekend, but it was fun. I guess that I better wrap up for now. I need to work on more pictures for Randy's video. Have a great day!!

No comments: