Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Busy 2 Weeks

Jeremy and I were just talking yesterday about what a busy weekend we have coming up so I better get caught up on what we've been doing the past few weeks.

Jeremy finally breathed a sigh of relief on Saturday because the roof was finished. It looks really good, he and the other guys that helped did a great job!! I know you just can't wait to see pictures of it so here you are...

The guys had a harder time with the roof than expected. I guess it was in alot worse shape than we realized so it took a little longer than expected to finish, but it's all done now. Not scary to walk on now. Jeremy helped me get up on the roof so I could see how he had done. The hard part was getting down.

Now all we have left is closing up the skylights on the inside. That's another project for another day though. I think that Jeremy needs a few more weeks off before we start on something new.


We got the pictures back from Lisa, I put a few of them together as one big picture to use on my desktop. I hope that they're big enough to see. I'm excited to have some cute new pictures of us, we don't get them taken very often.

Let me think of what else has been going on....

Oh, I had a jury summons for the first time ever. I was going to try and remember to call the Friday before I had to come in on Monday but forgot about it so I had to go in. I had myself fooled, I thought that they would take one look at me and say I was dismissed. No such luck. So...I waited for the people to approach the judge that had exemptions and then I was next. I fell under the excuses catagory. Well...I had a great excuse, I tell the judge that I'm 8 months pregnant and about how my doctor says that I have to keep my feet up and don't need to sit in one spot too long so I would need frequent breaks. The judge told me that taking breaks would be no problem and they could find something for me to prop my feet up on. What??? That's not what he was supposed to say!! So, I had to sit there from 8:30 AM-Noon and finally got to leave. I didn't get picked so that was good, but had to sit there and listen to the 2 rows in front of me answer question after question. There was one man there that had a story for everything. It was not fun. The highlight of the morning was the $6 I got for being there...then I had to head to work.

We have a busy but fun weekend ahead of us, I am excited about it. Karen, a great friend of mine from work, is having a baby shower at her house for Brooklyn, which will be tomorrow (Friday, May 2). I have to run errands once the shower is over because Saturday is Parker's birthday party. He's going to be 3 on May 4th. Jeremy's nana and my grandmom and brother are coming down for the birthday party. So, Saturday we'll be at the park most of the day with the party and then staying to grill for lunch...we're going to make a day of it all. Sunday is a baby shower for Brooklyn from the church which Judy was so sweet to do for us. Monday I have another doctor's appointment and it's Jeremy's birthday...he's going to be an old man this year...a whoppin' 28.

I guess that is about it. I have one more picture to share with you.


My guys working on the car. The picture is a little dark so hopefully you can see. They were so cute. Jeremy was showing Parker how he was changing the oil on the car. I love seeing them do stuff together and how interested Parker is at learning what Jeremy is doing.


Well, I guess I better wrap this up for today. I'll have more to post on Monday after our weekend of big events.

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

I just love that picture of Parker and Jeremy under the car!!! That is a classic to keep around for a long time!!!