Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Once again, it is raining and I had to get out in it this morning. I was getting everything ready to throw in the crock pot this morning and realized that I was missing something that I needed so I got the kids dressed really quick, loaded them up and headed into town in the rain. Parker of course didn't mind the rain, but Brooklyn wasn't happy once that first drop of rain hit her arm.

It wasn't a bad trip though, the kids were good. We pulled up the same time as my mom, which was crazy. The alarms at her school were set off by the bad weather this morning so with the loud obnoxious alarms going off, they weren't able to get much done at the school so she checked out and went on the hunt for large brown paper bags.

As always, Parker was pushing the shopping cart which means I have to hold on to the end of the cart so he doesn't run into everything. He gets to the end of an aisle and asks...where do we go now, I tell him and we're off looking for what's next on our list. He got tired of pushing so I took over and he was walking up and down the aisle giggling. I guess I need to get him out more or maybe he's just very entertained by the grocery store for some reason. :) We went to check out and the lady let him scan the items and he thought that was pretty cool. Then he told the lady behind him how he got to scan the items...he really isn't shy. His personality changed when Brooklyn was born. He's always entertained us, but wasn't as good with strangers or in a crowd. Now, I haven't found a situation yet where he's been shy.

Well, looks like it's turning out to be another day of nasty weather. My mom showed us a website of kid games so Parker has really enjoyed playing computer games lately. They teach shapes and letters and then some fun stuff like recycling. Parker saw me at the computer and is now asking to play the games so I guess I'll wrap this up.

Here are a few random pics of the kids. Hope that everyone has a great rest of the week.


No comments: