Friday, August 22, 2008

Wii Fit

Okay, I didn't know that exercising could be so fun! I had posted on the blog earlier this week about wanting to lose weight which made Jeremy decide to give me my birthday present early. I had talked about wanting to get Wii Fit but I would never spend the money to get it...I would have just ended up buying a cheap workout video that I probably wouldn't have stuck to. So, I tried out the Wii Fit games last night and it was really pretty fun. My calves keep feeling like they're going to cramp up but I enjoyed the workout. I got up before the kids this morning (which doesn't happen often) and got a chance to workout for 30 minutes. This is something that I could actually stick to. Jeremy did it too which motivates me even more to do it because I try to beat his scores.

A few other random things...
Parker wakes up in the early morning alot and comes and gets in bed with us. So, of course he came in this morning. The crazy thing was that he woke me up by saying...momma, did your finger get bit off? I told him no and reached over to help him in the bed and he was feeling my fingers. I asked him why he was wondering if my finger got bit off and he said..."because I bit it off". Apparently he was having a crazy dream where he's biting my fingers off. Not sure where that came from. Should I be worried?? He's such a sweet little boy and has such a big imagination and loves to entertain. Although he can be a little stubborn, wound up and active, I LOVE being home with him. He is my little man, reminds me so much of his daddy...which makes me love him even more.

Parker goes down for a nap today, he grabs his bear...which he calls Bubba for some reason...hugs him and says "precious Bubba". I laughed and of course he laughs and says "momma, something is funny." He loves to make people laugh.

Parker's names he makes up for his pirates (or any toys for that matter): Fikey, Cokas, Freddy and Cooka. Such an imagination.

Brooklyn...hmmm. She doesn't do much. She is doing really good at sitting in her bumbo and when she smiles her whole face lights up and she crinkles her nose up. She is enjoying being on the floor on her back and will tolerate being on her tummy for a few minutes. She's a cuddler just like Parker. She is FINALLY getting over cradle cap but is losing her hair on the sides of her head. It looks like it's lightening up too. Her eyes are still blue though. We've put her in the jumperoo a few times and she likes it. She kind of just likes to check things out but doesn't want to be in the same place for too long. She's more high maintenance than Parker was at that age, but she's still fun. She's my sweet little girl.

Jeremy's at a men's conference in Houston this weekend...or really just tonight and part of the day tomorrow. He's turned me into a night owl since I quit and am staying at home. We always loved staying up late together but when I worked I couldn't stay up late since I had to wake up at 5:15 AM...that was so stinkin' early. So, we enjoy our evenings together just watching movies, playing games or just talking and laughing together. He's so much fun.

Well, it's late but I am going to take advantage of the quiet time I have now and get some stuff done around the house. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

I want a Wii fit so bad!!! We got the girls a Wii for Christmas (yes, we have all ready purchased it and Christmas is monthes away!!!)

I just love the stories of Parker. He is such a cutie. Jody told me agian the other night that he misses Tar Tar.

I miss you ya'll so bad!!!

Jeremy & Julie said...

Oh Girl...you will definitely need to get a Wii Fit, they're great. That's great that you have already gotten the girls their Christmas gift...you haven't given it to them yet have you??? :)

Parker was pretending to call you, Jody and Haylee earlier today. He was on his cell phone, he even held it up to Brooklyn's ear and talked in a girly voice as if it was her talking to yall. So Funny.

We miss yall so bad too...I was already SO attached to you, but I felt like by the end of yalls visit I had known Jody and Haylee for years.

Looking forward to seeing you in
April...what dates were we talking about so I can start looking for tickets?