Friday, August 29, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

Oh my...it has starts already. This morning I heard Brooklyn fussing right before Jeremy left for work so I went in and got her so Jeremy could see for a few minutes before he left. He was talking to her and she was smiling at him of course. She just has to hear his voice and she smiles, it's so sweet. So, he talked to her for a few minutes, got his grins from her and was headed to work. As soon as Jeremy stopped talking to her, she started crying. It was so crazy.

I had to take the kids to the doctor yesterday and to run a few errands, it wasn't as bad as I thought that it would be. I had been telling Parker that he wasn't going to get a shot at the doctor's office so he was fine with going. We get there, checked in, they call us back and Parker stops in the doorway that leads from the waiting room to the offices and says to the nurse, "I don't want to get a shot today". He had the whole waiting room of people cracking up. He's so crazy. I was informed a few minutes later that he actually did have to get a shot. He sat up there on the bed and I was trying to get him to look at me and tell me a story to distract him from seeing the nurse but before he was distracted, she went ahead and gave him the shot. He said ouch and his face started contorting crazy ways and then he was wailing. No tears, but he was upset. He finally decided he was okay when the nurse said that she had something special for him. He followed her to get his surprise while I was getting Brookyn dressed after her shots and he came back with what he kept calling a ticket. It was a coupon for a free ice cream. He was pretty excited about that.

The doctor was trying to see how much of an imagination that Parker had so he was interacting with him and asking him questions. He asked him his name...Parker...Your full name...Parker Spell...do you know your middle name...Parker Jeremy Spell. He looked at me and I said Jeremiah, so he was pretty impressed because he was pretty close. Then he asked what's momma's name...Julie Spell...what's daddy's name...daddy...what does momma call him...knucklehead. Where did he get that from? Jeremy and Parker call each other knucklehead but I have never called either one of them that. He's so silly.

We met up with Jeremy for lunch and I headed to Woodridge to print up some insurance information for their records. I got to visit with my friends which was alot of fun. I try and go up there every time that I'm over that way during the day.

Well, I better wrap this up and clean my kitchen. It is a disaster. Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend.

1 comment:

Lisa Youngblood said...

Hey Jules, Great to see you guys are having fun with the new addition. Poor Parker he got "tricked". Hope to see you guys next time I visit. -Lisa