Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Setting Goals

I have decided that I really need to set a routine for the kids, which will hopefully make things go more smoothly. I was so stressed out yesterday talking to Jeremy...Brooklyn wasn't sleeping good and was fussing alot and Parker just wasn't listening and was being so wild and rambunctious from being inside all day for so many days because of the rain. We bounced some ideas off of each other and came up with a routine that I think will work out good. Parker has been getting really upset when it's time for bed and kind of wanting to do what he wants to do instead of what he's told so I think that routine will be good for him. Now that I'm at home with him all week I can actually accomplish this!!

My other goal is getting back down to a weight that I'm comfortable at. I have lost all of my weight that I gained from my pregnancy with Brooklyn, but because of what pregnancy can do to your body...I'm still not comfortably back in my pre-pregnancy clothes yet. So, I want to be able to fit back in my clothes I wore before I was pregnant by the time that my birthday rolls around at the end of September. That's definitely a reachable goal, but getting motivated is hard...especially with two kids at home. We were going on walks in the mornings but with the rain we haven't been able to do that. Parker rides his tricycle and I put Brooklyn in the carrier and we try to stay out for an hour...which proved to be a little too much for Parker last time. We were about 10 minutes from the house, headed back and Parker got tired of riding his tricycle so he started pulling it behind him. A lady drove by us, turned around and came back and asked me if I was headed somewhere. I told her that I was headed to my house...she said oh, okay...i just didn't know because you were out here with the baby and all. I guess we looked like we were wandering. I thought that was sweet of a total stranger to be concerned about us.

When I was updating the blog yesterday I had a Toby Mac song playing on the computer and Parker started bobbing his head a little like he was getting ready to bust a move so of course I had to get the camera out to video him. He's such an entertainer, not a bit shy of being the center of attention. I laugh when I see the video of him dancing so of course I have to post it. Here you go, enjoy...


No comments: